“Thank you for all your help and organization in this process! We are astonished at how quickly you found great potential surrogate matches for us and are grateful to have found a great match in Crissie.”– Patricia and Nathan, London, UKReal experts, real stories
Find an egg donor in the United States
Finding an egg donor in the USA can be a frustrating process if you are doing it on your own. Many of our clients come from countries where egg donation is illegal or banned so navigating the thousands of possible candidates available in the US is confusing. Time is of the essence when you are looking for a US egg donor, so when you factor in time differences, your chances of finding an available egg donor on your own are diminished. That’s where Donor Concierge steps in to act as your US advocate. Most of our international clients choose our Premium egg donor search package – where we do all the legwork on your behalf. We send you profiles of available candidates and liase with the agencies to confirm your perfect egg donor. We help you understand how the egg donation process works so your next step is simply to book your ticket!
How long does the international egg donor process take?
We recommend you start your search for a donor egg at least three months before you plan to come the United States for treatment. You may need to have one initial visit with your fertility clinic prior to the retrieval. During this time you will:
- Book your egg donor search and see all of the possible available candidates
- Find your egg donor and complete legal contracts
- Have your donor cleared by your reproductive endocrinologist
- Prep your egg donor for her cycle and begin injectibles
- The egg donor cycle takes approximately three weeks with stimulation, retrieval and embryo transfer
Related blog posts
(Reuters) - Women in Asia are largely ignorant about fertility problems and tend to blame their failure to conceive on "God's will" and bad luck, a survey has … Read the Story
2020 Update: Since writing this blog, many things have changed in the surrogacy world, especially outside of the United States. Surrogacy in India is now … Read the Story
Find a surrogate mother in the United States
Finding a surrogate mother in the USA can be overwhelming for international clients and that’s where we come in. Our knowledge of the industry and links with trusted professionals means we can quickly assess your personal situation and recommend candidates that will be best for you. We help you to understand all the issues that may arise. Do you want to find a gestational carrier who lives close to an international airport? How much involvement can you have in the pregnancy? Will she give you regular updates?
We always say that a surrogate chooses you as much as you choose her. For international parents, this is particularly true. Donor Concierge understands these subtle nuances and can find all of the available surrogate mothers that are right for you.
What are the legal issues with surrogacy in the United States?
While laws are generally favorable to surrogacy in the United States, there are many factors that come into play. Surrogacy is legislated on a state level – where some states, such as California, have very liberal laws on gestational surrogacy, others, such as New York, have banned surrogacy completely. Some states require intended parents to be legally married. There are complex laws that come into play when the child is born such as pre-birth orders and post-birth adoption. It is essential that you have an attorney who specializes in third-party reproductive law to assess the best location for surrogacy and the best candidate for you.
American donors & surrogates: What are the challenges?
- Legal - we evaluate your particular situation based on your citizenship, marital status and location, and can refer you to excellent attorneys who specialize in international fertility law
- Logistical – Donor Concierge has a team with vast knowledge of international travel. We help you make decisions based on clinic location, surrogate location and donor location.
- Communication – Our multinational team speaks several different languages including Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French and Tagalog, and we offer translation services for all of our consultations and searches.
How do I start a search?
Your first step is to book a free consultation with us to discuss your needs and talk to us about how we can help you find your egg donor or surrogate. We are always available via Skype or phone to talk further about your options.